Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default VB Script for FTP used in excel

AFAIK you cannot do this from within VBA. Shell the external programme
would be my choice, especially if you can develop a log on / send script
within the FTP programme, e.g. CuteFTP

--
Cheers
Nigel

"ak" wrote in message
Thanks Nigel

Is there any FTP command/function in VB that can use?

"Nigel" wrote:

you could use the Shell command to execute the FTP program from the VBA
code. The parameters for the external programme could also be supplied

e.g.

result = Shell("C:\windows\ftp .exe 'program commands here ", 0)

--
Cheers
Nigel

"ak" wrote in message
I need to send a txt file to a remote FTP site, what should be written

in
the
VB Script? I will create an icon for user to start the sending job.

Please help

Thanks in advance