Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mtm4300 via OfficeKB.com mtm4300 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Cell Indicator Problem

They are numbers stored as text. The cell indicator appears after I reopen
the file after I have protected it. The user cannot click anywhere in the
sheet, therefore the indicator is locked on one certain cell. I have tried to
be sneaky and clicked on an empty cell, and then hid the row and column, but
it still leaves a black dot on the screen. I have also tried to click outside
of the viewing area (ie. AA1 or something far away from the cells with data)
but the sheet loads to the active cell.

My version is 2002. Does anyone know how to eliminate the problem?

Ken Johnson wrote:
Hi,
that option appears in the protect sheet dialog in Excel 2003, so I
guess you must be using an earlier version.
Ken Johnson