Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default UserName login code

If they disable macros, any macro based solution is Kaput. Even idiots can
figure that out.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bruise" <mkrupiarzATshaw.ca wrote in message
I am having difficulties coming up with a code for login purposes. I

would
like to not use the built-in workbook password. I would like to use a

code
in a userform that would verify with each individual user's
username/password. Then, after the un/pw is accepted, the code would

allow
them access designated according to their login.

Example:
-User 1 would login and have full administrative rights to the workbook.
-User 2 would login and have only full read/limited write access.
-User 3 would login and have full read/no write access.
-User 4 would have limited read/no write access.

Am I in too far over my head trying to set this up in Excel? Top-Notch
security for the UN/PW is not essential as I work with a bunch of idiots

;)

Can someone lead me in the right direction? TYIA

Bruise