Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BigPig BigPig is offline

Default file size after using macro to save a worksheet

Why would a worksheet that is normally 57 kb turn into 500kb after using
macros to enter data into it?

Example: I have a workbook that has a database in it, and a userform that
takes that data based on ssn's and places that specific data in appropriate
places in a spreadsheet that is made to look like a form. Then the user uses
a commmand button/macro to save the 'form' with the data in it, to a separate
folder. The new file is now 500 plus kbs.

I even went so far as to delete all the data, lines etc... and the file size
changed to 475 kb. Not a lot different.

Is there another solution to this file size dilemna?

Thankyou.