Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ardus Petus Ardus Petus is offline

Default Adding a variable value to a comment?

Sub PutFormulaInComment()
With ActiveCell
.AddComment (.Formula)
End With
End Sub

HTH
--
AP

"Tom" a écrit dans le message de
How can I add a variable value to a comment?
I want to create a comment that is based on a simple math function.

The comment tag would display the sum of the current cell plus that of one
other.

Here is what I have so far:
-----------------------
dim holdval, commentval
holdval = ActiveCell.Value
ActiveCell.ForumlaR1C1 = "=RC[0]+RC[-3]"
ActiveCell.AddComment
ActiveCell.Comment.Visible = True
commentval = ActiveCell.Value
ActiveCell.Comment.Text = commentval
ActiveCell.Value = holdval
ActiveCell.Select

Line 7 is where I'm getting all the problems. The error I get is

"Assignment
to constant is not permitted". I've also tried this line:

ActiveCell.Comment.Text Text:= commentval

in which case I get an application error.

Am I just trying to do something that is impossible or is there another

way
to get a variable value into a comment?

Thanks!