Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Day before creation date in cell or as sheet name

Try code like

Debug.Print
Format(ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Cre ation Date") -
1, "ddmmyy")

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

<Andy wrote in message
Sorry - I'm in England! 01/03/2006 is the first of March (over
here!) and 28/02/06 is the day before it!

Cheers.
Andy.

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
You can use BuiltInDocumentProperties to get the creation
date. E.g.,

ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")

How do you get 280206 from 1/3/2006?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

<Andy wrote in message
Hi all
Thanks for reading this!
I'm trying to get the day before the creation date of a file
into a cell - or to set it as its sheet name. One small
addition is that I need it as text. So if the creation date
is 06/02/06, I need to cell to be 050206 (as text), if the
creation date is 01/03/06 then the cell would be 280206. I've
got a macro that formats column A as Text and then fills it
with the sheet name, but I'd like to do it all automatically.
Thanks in advance.