Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected][_2_] rrstudio2@icqmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Search Cell Contents Between ||

I have cells that contain a list seperated by || (i.e.
|cat|dog|fish|ape|). I am looking for options to search thru this list
for a particular item. I know I can to a text to column and then
search each of the resulting individual cells for say dog, but I am
looking for an easier way. The problem with text to column is that
some of the cells have only one item whereas others have 8, so it gets
messy. Using a formula, can I chop up the string into an array and
then search the array elements for a particular string?

-Andrew V. Romero