Dave Peterson

I'm not sure I would go all the way to time, but using dates seems reasonable to
me.

I put the bill name in column A2
I put the date due in column B2
I put "paid" in column C2 (or left blank if not paid)
I put this formula in D2:

=IF(A2="","",IF(C2<"","",
IF(B2-TODAY()=0,"Due in: ","Overdue by: ")&ABS(B2-TODAY())&" days"))

(all one cell)

Then with D2 selected I used format|conditional formatting
formula is:
=LEFT(D2,4)="over"
and give it a bold, red font.

And then I dragged D2 down that column as far as I needed it.

If column A is empty, you won't see anything. If column C has something in it,
then you won't see anything, too.

Colin2u wrote:

i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function
like a time clock to remind of schedule payments. i have created a basic
family budget planner which has in cridet cards to be paid.

--

Dave Peterson