Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ardus Petus Ardus Petus is offline

Default check for existing worksheet in all open excel files

Public Function WSExist(wsname As String) As Boolean
'returns true if worksheet exists in the active workbook
Dim objWorksheet As Worksheet
On Error Resume Next
Set objWorksheet = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(wsname)
On Error GoTo 0
WSExists = Not objWorksheet Is Nothing
End Function

Sub TestMatrix_Chk()

If WSExist("Test Matrix") = False Then
MsgBox ("No Test Matrix sheet found!")

HTH
--
AP

"Seth" a écrit dans le message de
Hi, I'm trying to check to see if a sheet named "Test Matrix" exists in

any
open excel file. I would also like my macro to copy this worksheet if it
isn't in the current workbook that the macro was run from. This is the

code
I found in the newsgroups so far which is a start. Thanks in advance!

Public Function WSExist(wsname As String) As Boolean
'returns true if worksheet exists in the active workbook
Dim objWorksheet As Object
On Error Resume Next
WSExist = False
Set objWorksheet = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(wsname)
If Err = 0 Then WSExist = True