Dave Peterson

You could add text to any adjacent cell (not part of the pivottable), but then
if you rearrange that pivottable, your text may not make much sense. (If the
users don't know to look for comments, maybe you could copy|paste special over
the pivottable and make it just data so it can't be rearranged??)

You could turn on the comments so that they're always visible?

Tools|options|view tab.

robertjtucker wrote:

It is for many users, and I am not sure that everyone would know to look
for the red tag on the cell for comments. The rest of the spread sheets
that are used here all have a column marked comments and they are
probably used to that. Of course I made this reall nice pivot table
that makes things really easy, and I need a comment field.
Thanks for the help,
Bob

--
robertjtucker