bj

do you have two or three sheets?
you first want to know if a "Job" appears on one sheet
you then go to a second sheet and extract names
the list of names associated with the job then gets listed on what sheet?
on sheet 2 how are jobs and people formated?
job with a list of people next to it or under it, or
two columns (rows) one with jobs and one with people (each can occur many
times)

"Monty" wrote:

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that is like a job rota. I would like to
be able to search a column (day) on one sheet and find a certain result
(job), when that result is true i would like to be able to move corresponding
information in the frst column (name) to another sheet to create a list of
all the names doing a selected job. Confused?? you bet I am.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Monty
--
If I knew it all then what would there be left to live for?