Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] peterfarge@hotmail.com is offline

Default How to save a ole object from the clipboard? (Do Ctlr+V)

Hello Forum,

my workbook uses an external dll. I want to include within my workbook.
I have added it with Insert-Object-FromFile on a worksheet. My
problem is how to save it to harddisk.
If a make Ctrl+V the dll would be saved. But how can I do this per Api?

This is the code that creates the ole Object:
Dim oOle As OLEObjects
Dim o As OLEObject

Set oOle = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).OLEObjects
Set o = oOle.Add(, "H:\Pers\SharpDevelop\Hello\Hello.dll", False,
False)
o.Verb xlOpen ' Opens the old Win3.11 Editor
o.Copy ' Copies it to the clipboard, now I can place the dll with
Ctrl+V to the desktop.

Best wishes

Peter