Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default What are the benefits of using VB for excel formulas?

Chris,

That's tough - most of the formulas are seriously complex and although I'm
no authority on access, I've been told it doesn't have quite the same level
of functionality as excel. Is there any other way to outsource the
calculations?

Cheers,

Ed.

"Chris Marlow" wrote:

Ed,

Maybe, but probably not. If you have a lot of rows of data leading to your
results then some preprocessing in a database (Access say) might help.

Regards,

Chris.

--
Chris Marlow
MCSD.NET, Microsoft Office XP Master

"Ed" wrote:

Excel 2000: I'm currently using a spreadsheet with so many formulas on it
that it's limiting the amount of data I can use it to process. If I program
the formulas in VB will it increase the calculation capacity of the
spreadsheet I'm using? Or will I have to do something else?