Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Seanarthur[_2_] Seanarthur[_2_] is offline

Default Automate Excel upload into static Access Table

I'm no pro, here.

I've spent quite a bit of time searching today and have found several
examples, all different, that claim to be able to do this. The
simplest ones reference ADO, as was done in the response to my post.
The problem is that I don't know if I have ADO or how to use it.

When I use the ADO commands I'm finding in the examples, I get VB error
messages like, 'user defined variable not defined'.

I've also been trying to figure out a way to do this using ODBC. I
think if I can figure out how to establish a connection to the
database, I can then work my way through inserting the records.
Unfortunately, the examples I'm finding are pretty cryptic to someone
such as myself, who has pretty much jumped head-first into the world of
VB.

I'm not an IT professional. So I doubt I have more than the basic
excel and access packages on my computer. Any advice?

Sean

--
Seanarthur
Seanarthur's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32126