Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jan Jan is offline

Default Open unknown file name

Quite awhile ago I located the perfect solution on this site by using a
button (I believe) to first choose a file (not knowing the file name) and
then the file would open using a macro which parsed the file as needed.
Unfortunately my hard drive recently took a vacation and never returned. I
have search the site again hoping to find something similar to recreate this
solution but with no success.
The problem: I receive data files often which I need to open in Excel and
automatically parse to the required positions. I would click this button,
choose the file I wished to open and the macro would do the rest. I have
recreated the macro and am looking for the rest of the puzzle.
Thank you for your help.