Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Duke Carey Duke Carey is offline

Default How can I modify the SELECT statement?

You don't say what the name of the date column in Access is. Assume it is
StartDate.

MyQuery = "SELECT SUM(JOBACTIV.POVALUE) as sum FROM JOBACTIV WHERE
JOBACTIV.JOBCLASS = 'S' AND StartDate = #2/1/2006# and StartDate <=
#3/3/06#;"

"wliong" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to query data from MS access 97. Is there any way that I can
add the WHERE condition such that the query is executed on a certain
input date. The Access table has the start date in it, and I want the
query to run on any time frame, for example (I want to get the sum of
POVALUE from February 1, 2006 until March 3, 2006). How can I do this
or what should I modify from the code below?

Thank you so much.

Code:
MyQuery = "SELECT SUM(JOBACTIV.POVALUE) as sum FROM JOBACTIV WHERE JOBACTIV.JOBCLASS = 'S';"
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(MyQuery)
rs.MoveFirst
sum = rs.Fields("sum").value
Cells(1, 1).Value = sum