Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Walton[_2_] Steve Walton[_2_] is offline

Default Macro to create a comment with contents from Paste

What version of Excel is that ?
I have 2000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:17:26 -0800, Martin
wrote:

The things one learns about from the Excel community! I'd never really
looked into the clipboard - I found this link under another thread:
'http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/ManipulateClipboard.htm.
Just got to remember to tick M/soft Forms Library in Tools, References (or
make a userform and then remove it).
Didn't know Excel could speak either!

Sub PasteIntoComment()
Dim MyData As DataObject
Dim strClip As String
Set MyData = New DataObject
MyData.GetFromClipboard
strClip = MyData.GetText
Range("E2729").AddComment "SteveW:" & Chr(10) & MyData.GetText
Application.Speech.Speak MyData.GetText
End Sub

"Steve Walton" wrote:

I want to be able to create a comment for the current cell and add the
text currently in the Paste buffer.

The macro works fine, but hard codes the text into the macro

Range("E2729").Comment.Text Text:= _
"SteveW:" & Chr(10) & "hard code text....!"

How can I get it to insert paste buffer ?

--

Steve

--

Steve