Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_5_] Jim Thomlinson[_5_] is offline

Default Checking for open file

The second option will not work because the quote has not been saved yet... I
am a little busy so maybe Dave can help you. If I recall off the top of my
head you can traverse through all of the open workbooks and check if the name
matches "Quote System"...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"jweasl" wrote:

I need to check if a file is open - the problem I am having is that it's from
a template - I don't know how to find it. This is what I have tried:

If Windows("Quote System1").Visible = True Then MsgBox "Visible" _
Else MsgBox "Not Visible"

If the window is open, it will give a msgbox saying "Visible", but if it's
not open it gives me an error - Subscript out of range.

I also tried this:

dim wbk as workbook

on error resume next
set wbk = workbooks("Quote System1.xls")
on error goto 0
is wbk is nothing then _
Msgbox "Open the Quote System"

This one gives me the message box whether the file is open or not. I also
tried "Quote System1" (left out the .xls), but that didn't work either.