Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Checking for open file

If that second routine gives you the message, then your workbook isn't named:
"Quote System1.xls"

I'd check for extra spaces (or other typos).

And it's better to include that .xls when you do stuff like this.

Is that a 1 (one) or L (ell) at the end of System?

jweasl wrote:

I need to check if a file is open - the problem I am having is that it's from
a template - I don't know how to find it. This is what I have tried:

If Windows("Quote System1").Visible = True Then MsgBox "Visible" _
Else MsgBox "Not Visible"

If the window is open, it will give a msgbox saying "Visible", but if it's
not open it gives me an error - Subscript out of range.

I also tried this:

dim wbk as workbook

on error resume next
set wbk = workbooks("Quote System1.xls")
on error goto 0
is wbk is nothing then _
Msgbox "Open the Quote System"

This one gives me the message box whether the file is open or not. I also
tried "Quote System1" (left out the .xls), but that didn't work either.

--

Dave Peterson