Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional compiling between Excel Versions

Select the project in the project explorer within the VBIDE, and then
ToolsVBAProject Properties (assuming that you haven't renamed your
project), and on the General tab, at the bottom is a box labelled
Conditional Compilation Arguments. Add a conditional variable and value in
there.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ken Soenen" wrote in message
Bob,
Thanks for responding. Can you expand a bit on how to find the
"General tab". The only thing I can find is "General" under the options...
Also, couldn't see anything in the project properties window.

thanks,
ken

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
It doesn't have to be defined in every module, you can add a global
conditional constant in the project properties, General tab.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ken Soenen" wrote in message
The program that I am writing using Excel 2003 is spread over many
modules
and is not totally compatible with Excel 2000. I get compiler errors in

many
modules. My question is: how is this normally handled? I can use the
compiler constants #Const and its associated #IF statement to

conditionally
compile certain pieces of code, but the Constant has to be defined in

EVERY
module that you're going to use it in and then has to be manually

changed
when you get the code over to the destination machine(Excel Version).

It
all
seems pretty cumbersome to me. Am I missing something here?? Other than

few brain cells!!!

thanks,

ken