Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Dave is offline

Default Comparing and updating worksheets based on cell content

First off, I'm using Excel 2003. I need excel to look at all the cell
contents of column A in worksheet A, and if any of those contents match a
cell in column A of worksheet B, then to copy the contents of the
corresponding cells in columns C & D of worksheet B into those of worksheet A
(column C & D). The main problem is that between worksheets, there will be
duplicated text, but never in the same row. The text of column A is
generated, while column C & D need to be entered in and updated. As new
worksheets are made, column A will be generated (outside of excel), and
certain items will match those found in previous worksheets. Rather than
comparing between worksheets line by line and doing a 'copy-paste' at each
matching row, I need excel to take care of this. Hopefully this isn't beyond
the capabilities of excel, and my explanation isn't to convoluted.
Thx, D