Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default input of single value into multiple cells simultaneously

If you don't they refer to the Activesheet. Or if you are using them in a
sheet module, the unqualified range reference it interpreted to refer to the
sheet containing the code.

Since you are not assigning a formula, then Value would be more appropriate.
However, the end result will be the same. There is also Formula.

Just for illustration

With Range("A1")
.Formula =
.FormulaR1C1 =
.Value =
.FormulaLocal =
.FormulaR1C1Local =

End With

Don't just grab something out of the hat - look at the help and see which is
appropriate. Sometimes it makes no difference, other times it does.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks a lot, Tom. Incidentally, I saw this other option - formulaR1C1,
and used it. I have one more question though - why is it that I have to
define SHD specifically into each of the cells address in:

SHD.Range(SHD.Cells(i, 1), SHD.Cells(i, 9)) = "********"

Thanks,

Joe.