Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JB JB is offline

Default Project data exported into Excel

At a suggestion from a member of the Project Discussion Goup, I'm duplicating
my question in the Excel group.

Dear Experts,

I'm baffled. I've exported task data from Project 2003 into Excel 2000
using the data map functionality in Project. Once in Excel, I have a
advanced filter macro to filter the data into separate sheets by location (a
text field). The weird thing is two fields/columns are blank after the
filter. The fields are contact and resource_name. The column headers filter
to the new sheets and data exists on the main sheet before the macro is run.

Here's what I've done so far:
I rearranged the columns both pre-export & post export from Project to
ensure it is this data.
I copied the data into a new spreadsheet with same results.
I tested the macro.
I copied all but the questionable data into a new spreadsheet & typed data
into the questionable columns and the typed data filtered to the new sheets.

It seems to be the data. Excel reads it as type 2=text. Any ideas why it
won't transfer to new sheets in Excel?

Thanks,
JB

JB,
Well, this is really a question better directed to an Excel VBA
newsgroup since the problem seems to be after the data is in Excel.
However, several of us have worked extensively with macros that export
data from Project to Excel and therefore have a working knowledge of
Excel VBA. So, you could either try an Excel newsgroup, or, give us more
information about your code and maybe, just maybe, we can help.

John
Project MVP