Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JamRock JamRock is offline

Default Help generating combinations

Hi Group,
I have some text data in a range of cells. Example below

QuesType ANSWER
Tele A
Tele B
Tele C
Comm D
Comm E
Satelite F
Satelite G
Satelite H
Satelite I
Satelite J

I want to write VBA code that will generate all the question
type/answer combinations.
The code must count the number of question type and for each question
type,
the number of different possible answer. It should then generate the
question
types and answer as show below - in this case 30 combinations - and
write
this out to a new worksheet.

This needs to be dynamic so that a user could for example enter a new
question
type with a set of possible answers or a new/additional answers for a
question type
category. He would then execute the code to regenerate a new set of
question type /answer combinations. I have looked at
combination/permutaion generating code posted her
before but I have been unable to adapt any of it to this specific
situation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tele Comm Satelite
A D F