Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Create non-contiguius range "IF"

Just for interest,
Sum works as well - doesn't require Sumproduct

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Hi Chuck,

Here is an example of one way, not name driven, but it works

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT({"B1","B4","B6","B8"}), "Choice",INDIRECT({"A1","A
4","A6","A8"})))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All.......
If someone would be so kind, I need help to create a non-contiguious

range,
based on a similar principal to SUMIF........instead of summing the

values
from the cells in column B adjacent to my selections in column A, I

would
like to assemble all of the individual cells in column B into a
non-contiguious range and give it a RangeName. Sort of like....
=MAKERANGEIF(A:A,Choice,B:B)

Any guidance would be much appreciated..........

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3