Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] seelan_naidoo@yahoo.com is offline

Default A better way to copy and paste special between worksheets

Hi all..

Fistly this group has taught me alot and I hold my hat out to all you
guys ..

Ok I am here because I have another problem that I cannot find
elsewhere here.

here goes
I have two different worksheets with almost the same information but
in one column there is different data on it which I would want to
replace in the other column in the different worksheet.

In one worksheet I have some user names in a column and their home
directory paths in another.
In the other worksheet I have some of the users which where in the
first worksheet in a column and their new propose Home directory
paths in another column. Copying and pasting special every time has
become a pain .
what I want to do to is to have a function in excel where it matches
the names in one column of the worksheet to the other column of the
next worksheet and if one name is found between the two different
worksheets then it should find the column with the home directory path
and be able to replace it with the new proposed path home directory.

This csv file will be imported to DFS in order to create new directory
paths for the users..

thanks alot to all.