Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
nicolascap nicolascap is offline

Default Create Outlook Distribution lists (default txt file) with excel

Hello experts,

I have an excel file with several contacts. For each contact there is a
"first name" and "last name" column.

- First of all I would like to concatenate these into a "email adress"
column which gives a text string such as:
"first name"."last

What could be used to do that automatically?

Then, as it is shown in the example, each of the contacts belong to
different groups which will be emailed specifically. By entering in
each "group X" column a text value ("To" for main recipient and "Cc"
for Carbon Copy Recipient), I would like to generate an email for any
given group. Or by Default a txt file that I'll copy and paste
afterwards. From my own view, it can be done with a press button on top
of each column to generate that column specific email. But I am not the
expert here.

Though it would be easier, I can't use a regular outlook distribution
list since those lists always change and excel will be easier to use in
order to manage main recipients and Carbon Copy Recipients.

I hope I have been clear enough.

Thx for your help.

Cheers

Nico