Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Try-before-you-buy version?

You can do various things, but all of them are pointless if faced by someone
who intends to crack it as Excel security is laughably weak.

I haven't used it with VBA myself, but the author assures me that
http://www.thescarms.com/appsentinel/default.asp the functionality does
extend to VBA, but of course you need to buy it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Phil C" wrote in message
Hi folks

I have produced a complex spreadsheet (medical application) that is now
available for sale at a modest price. It contains some VBA, but not much.

am not an expert, but have made extensive use of Excel's built-in

functions
for curve fitting, graph ploting etc. A colleague in another (UK) hospital
has asked about an 'evaluation version'. Is there a standard way of
producing a spreadsheet that has all the basic functionality to allow a

user
to decide whether it works properly etc, but with something key missing
(that would prompt them to buy the full version!)?

Time-out after (say) 30 days. I seem to recall that this is not
straightforward
Somehow disable the sheet | print function?
Any other ideas?

I am using Excel 2003. My development machine still has Windows 2000, but
most potential users will have XP.

Thanks for you help.

Philip