Sandy

Bernie is an example of my current worksheet. The Titles are skewed, but
other than that you can get the idea. The results are figured on a 12 hour
clock and I was lucky to get the duration and then the days, hours, minutes.
Anything you can do to help would be most appreciated.

Closed Recvd Duration DAYS hr min
4/1/05 12:08 4/1/05 8:13 3:54 00 03:54
4/4/05 9:35 4/1/05 13:47 67:48 02 19:47
4/1/05 10:59 4/1/05 9:35 1:23 00 01:23
4/1/05 7:40 4/1/05 4:32 3:08 00 03:07
4/5/05 13:39 4/1/05 11:28 98:11 04 02:11
4/7/05 13:07 4/1/05 10:52 146:15 06 02:14
4/4/05 9:50 4/1/05 14:20 67:30 02 19:29

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Sandy,

Take a look at the NETWORKDAYS function, part of the Analysis Toolpak add-in, to account foir the
weekends.

Also, once you can get days, and then multiply by 10, etc., etc. to adjust, to get hours.

If you post specific times and dates, with the expected results of a calculation, then we can help
you more.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Sandy" wrote in message
Okay, I was able to determine the duration of a Help Desk trouble ticket by
subtracting the received date and time from the closed date and time. Now,
here's the problem. The Help Desk is only open for 10 hours therefore the 24
hour period isn't quite accurate. Also if a trouble ticket extends over the
weekend it also skews the statistics.

Do any "brains" out there have any suggestions? (My brain is fried!) :)

--Sandy