Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Locking Specific Cells

look at the UserInterFaceOnly property of the protect method (in Excel vba
help). This must be set each time the workbook is opened and must be set
with code. Then your code can work while the sheet remains protected.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey i have an interesting situation. I need certain cells in my file
to be protected while others are manipulated. Now normally we would do
this by going in to the cell formatting and clicking the lock cell
button then protecting the file. However, this doesn't work for my
situation. The reason is because I have a macro running in the back of
the program that is running so that when data is imported in these
cells the column width adjusts to the right size. I cannot remove this
feature because it needs to fit on one page....all i am looking for is
a way to lock a range of cells from text editing. Any help?