Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maria J-son[_2_] Maria J-son[_2_] is offline

Default Follow up question ...

Thank you for a fantastic answer!
After that, I'll barly dare to ask more - but if you know the answer by
hand:

you are right, the Range.Calculation has to many traps... Can you
recalculate only the cells on the current activesheet- without all following
links downstream? Then on activate another sheet "with links downstream" it
will only recalulate etc.
Maybe I only need to have some code in a "worksheet_activate" event in that
case?

Only in one sheet do I have chartobjects that demand a complete calculation
of the whole workbook.

/Thanks again

"Charles Williams" skrev i meddelandet
- if calculation takes 4 seconds then you need to switch to Manual
(Tools--Options--calculation) and press F9 whenever you want to calculate

- if your array formulae are taking the calculation time (which would not
be surprising), why not take a look at speeding them up? see
http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedj.htm for some suggestions

- if you really want to control calculation of specific ranges use
Range.calculate but be wary of its quirks (which vary by Excel version)
see http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsg.htm for details. Not sure
this is the right solution for you.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.2 Beta now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Maria J-son" wrote in message

I take this from another thread since it developed to another direction.

I have a lot of links and after a cell value is changed, it take far to
many seconds afterwards for the calculation to be possible to use it. Is
it possible to:

A/ Inhibit the common Application.Calculate that run after every change?
B/ Just calculate specific ranges in specific sheets after a
worksheet_change?
C/ Be sure to cover every aspect to swicht it on again when leaving the
workbook, and then continue with "the inhibited way" when returning to
the workbook?

Please answer any of these, or all if possible.

/Kind regards