Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Beckinsale Michael Beckinsale is offline

Default Backward compatability

Hi All,

I have developed a workbook in Excel 2003 with a lot of VBA code. I was
originally told that all the users were on Excel 2003 but it transpires that
a number are on Excel 97 & 2000 and l am trying to 'modify' the workbook to
work on all versions from 97 upwards.

The following code (A) is giving me real problems. It works perfectly well
in Excel 2003 but always crashes in Excel 97. I pretty sure it is to do with
the method of hiding / unhiding columns. The macro recorder in Excel 97
records the code at (B) but l am pretty sure that you should be able to set
the column properties without having to select the column ranges.

The code is attached to a cbx _Change event

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with the code ?
Secondly will the solution needs to run on Excel 2000 & 2003 as well as 97

All help gratefully appreciated

xxxxx Code A - Excel 2003 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Private Sub cbxPrimaryRole_Change()

Dim ColRef
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.Unprotect ("mbNOMIS7")