Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Marlow Chris Marlow is offline

Default Last used cell in a column

Hi,

Because End looks for the end of contiguous ranges. If A65536 is populated
the End(xlUp) will find the first full cell beneath a 'gap' of empty cells in
column A.

I don't know what you are trying to do but I recently found 'SpecialCells'
refered to in another post - which may apply better to the kind of end row
issue you are looking at - check it out in 'help'.

Regards,

Chris.

--
Chris Marlow
MCSD.NET, Microsoft Office XP Master

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

I have used the following for a while:

Function lcell(col As Integer) As Long
Dim lastcell As Range
Set lastcell = Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp)
lcell = lastcell.Row
End Function

=lcell(1) is supposed to return the row number of the last used cell in
column A. Today I discovered the code ignores row 65536; so if A65536 is
occupied, another cell in column A is being returned.

Why?
--
Gary''s Student