RagDyeR

I'm just a "copy cat", and following what I saw Harlan use several days ago.

I do know that the [ "m/d/y" ] format works in the US version, where the [
"d/m/y" ] might work in the British version.

I'm guessing that *whatever* format is the resident format for the
individual machine, will work within the quotes.

But we'll need comments from our European friends.

And I thought Peo worked out of the US east coast.
Does he use his Swedish version there?

RD

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
RD,

That is similar to mine, but I used that date format specifically because it
was internationally neutral. I think yours will give problems in countries
other than the US.

Peo did tell me that my format didn't work in Sweden I think, but he didn't
say why.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"RagDyer" wrote in message
How about:

=A1=--"1/4/04"
--

HTH,

RD

"John G" wrote in message
I want to create an IF statement that says if a cell value is equal to a

set
date then "True" otherwise "False"
The formula used is:
=IF(A12="01/04/2004", "TRUE", "FALSE")
The value in A12 is 01/04/2004 (created by formatting cell to dd/mm/yyyy)
This returns "False" regardless of what I put in A12
I am using Excel 2000 on an XP Pro O/S.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks