Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_5_] Jim Thomlinson[_5_] is offline

Default VLOOKUP but return a different row

I would be more inclined to go with index over indirect for purely
performance reasons. Indirect is volatile and will slow thing down... Here is
a good reference...

http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeede.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Chris Marlow" wrote:

Hi,

I'd Use MATCH (similar parameters to vlookup) to return the row & either
INDIRECT or INDEX to return the values of the cell(s) in the row below by
incrementing the result of the MATCH by 1.

Regards,

Chris.

--
Chris Marlow
MCSD.NET, Microsoft Office XP Master

"cultgag" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to match a part number with a separate .csv file to update
inventory. My dilemma is I am using VLookup to accomplish this but
there has been some changes to the .csv file format and now the
inventory on hand is on a separate row with the part number. Now if my
understanding is correct, since the vlookup function can only return
values from the same row it will not work with what I need...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TIA~

--
cultgag