Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tina tina is offline

Default New to macros, need to update worksheets

see below - thanks

"Ed" wrote:

-- Are all the sheets except for the main sheet to be updated? YES
-- Is it the same cells in each program sheet that need to be updated? YES
-- How would you identify which cells on the main sheet contain the updated
data for each specific program? I DON'T KNOW - I'm honestly not sure how to go about this...

Ed

"Tina" wrote in message
I've just learned how to do macros in a class and am hoping to apply it to
something at work.

We have a workbook (with MANY spreadsheets) that reflect billing. The

main
sheet is updated each month - Column H has January info and Column I will
have Feb info.

Then there are sheets for each program. Each sheet has some numerical

data
and a chart. After January's information was entered, the data on each

sheet
was manually changed to refer to column H. Once Feb's info is entered, it
will manually be changed to refer to column I (the new data). Is this
something that can be automated with a macro??

Bear with me because this is to new to me, but I know there has to be a
better way to handle this workbook.