Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unable to use Range.End(xlDown) method

This can happen if the column is empty. You can test for it

If Application.CountA(Columns("A:A")) = 0 Then
Range("A1").Select
Else
Range("A1").End(xlDown).Select

HTH

Bob Phillips

"vedpatel" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

The scenario is like this. I have one .Xla file which has a function
called generateReport(). This function will retrieve the data from
Database and display in excel sheet.

Multiple Queried will be executed in generateReport(). I need to know
the last filled cell address so that I can start next value filling
form the next row. For this purpose I have used Range.End(xlDown)
method to know the last filled cell. But while debugging I found that
xldown value is -4121 and this method will return last row cell
address. i.e. $A$65536. so if I tried to move to next row (Set
Range.Offset(2, 0)) then runtime error will be displayed. Who to
resolve this problem? Is there any other method to get last filled cell
address?

This .Xla file function will be called from VB application.

Thanks
Ved

--
vedpatel