Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Creating a "Search All" function

Hi Tammy,

One way would be to use a helper column

Try putting the formula

=COUNTIF(A2:C2,"=alternative")0

in (say) D2 and copy down as far as you need. Then filter using the column D
criterion of TRUE.

If the process is to be automated, turn on the macro recorder while you
perform these steps.

If you need any assistance in editing the recorder code, post back with
details of the problems you experience.

Norman

"Tammy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm sorry I don't understand.....

I've recorded some macro's such as refreshing the advanced filter,
where it will "show all" and delete the user inputs in the fields. But
the type of search I'm trying to do is for example...I want to search
for the word "alteration" in columns a, b, c, and d and list the rows
that contain "alteration" in either one of those columns.