TruffleShuffle

Default If Date=x then do y

Ok heres my problem, i'm creating a workout schedule for the next couple
of weeks and part of this will be an archive of my previous results so i
can see how i'm progressing.

This consists of 3 worksheets (one for each workout day) where i have
my target weights and reps, and also a space for me to enter in what i
actually lifted.

I would like Excel to automatically copy the current days workout
results from one worksheet to the archive worksheet for starters (not a
problem).

The problem occurs cuase i dont want it to ovewrite the data when the
next week comes around and i enter in what i managed then.

I've managed to make formulas which say:
=IF(DATE(2005,7,28)=37099,'Day 1'!G12,"bob")

but obviously that date is ALWAYS going to equal that serial. I want it
to look at the system date, if the date is X the it puts the results
into cell Y if the date is X1 then it puts the results in Y1 etc etc.

I've been looking up and down excel for most of the afternoon and my
eyes are starting to bleed i'm sure of it.

If anyone can help me out i would be very greatfull.

--
TruffleShuffle
TruffleShuffle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25686