Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_5_] Jim Thomlinson[_5_] is offline

Default Adding leading spaces

In short you can't, unless you use Courier New font (or some other
different amount of space. This means that there is no way to line things up
by just padding spaces. The other issue is that the only way to pad the
spaces (to the best of my knowledge) is going to require you to change your
numbers to text which means you could not sum them or perform any calculation
on them. Out of curiosity why will right justifying not work? Perhaps there
is a different way around this, other than padding spaces...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

Some cells in Col A contain these amounts:

$.58
$1,267,98
$1.20
$10,098.23
$.01
$258,957,98

The horizontal alignment of these cells is left-justified.

How do I add blanks (spaces) in front of the dollar-sign so the last
character of the amount aligns with the right margin? (Note, I can't
just right-justify the cells)