Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Change date in URL

I did get the correct page (that formula was one cell, right).

But, it still wasn't what you really wanted anyway.

Glad that Jim helped you get what you want.

Martin Wheeler wrote:

Hi Dave,

I think we have "our wires" crossed. You are right it does bring up the web
page in ie but I get the home page not the race NR05.

But what I actually want is simply the url in the range with no hyperlink.
I use this to refresh the web queries in each of 10 worksheets, as per Jim
Cones.

Sorry about the confusion.
Ta,
Martin

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
What are the extra bits?

When I put that formula in a worksheet cell and clicked on it, I went to:

http://www.tabonline.com.au/2006/02/23/NR05.html

Which seems to match what you asked for.

Martin Wheeler wrote:

Hi Dave,
I just tried this and all I got was the main page.
It did not add the extra bits.
Ta,
Martin

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
This isn't VBA, but maybe you could just use =hyperlink().

Like:

=HYPERLINK("http://www.tabonline.com.au/"
&TEXT(TODAY(),"yyyy/mm/dd")&"/NR05.html", "Click Me")

(all one cell)

Martin Wheeler wrote:

xl2003, winXP

I have a range of 10 URLs. A10-A19 Each day I need to update them to
the
current date. The URL looks like:-

URL;http://www.tabonline.com.au/2006/02/23/NR05.html

So tomorrow I will want to be able to push a button and /2006/02/23
becomes
/2006/02/24 in all 10.
I need to do this programatically as it will be part of a series of
operations.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ta,
Martin