Russ

Default indirect function?

I'm using Office 2000. I would like to use a cell in my spreadsheet
to indicate a row number for other cell's formulas. That is, I would
enter a row number (not a full cell address) in a certain cell, and
other cells would access that cell and insert that row number in their
own formula. I've thought about combining the indirect function, and
the address function, but I don't know how to accomplish this. For
example, the cells that need the info would have a formula something
like this:

=sum(indirect(A1):indirect(A2))

Problem is, I want each column's formula to indicate it's own column,
not the column in cell A1 or A2.

Any way to do this?

Russ