Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Wheeler Martin Wheeler is offline

Default Change date in URL

Hi R,

Jim's function works very well so I will use it for now But might go to
Edwin's or Mudraker's code when I develop it further

Thanks for your help.
Ta,
Martin

"R..VENKATARAMAN" wrote in message
I tried to use today() in spread sheet it comes as serial no. of date in
vba it comes as 2/23/2006

so I formatted a series of cells e.g. A6 to a15 as TEXT
in A6 as 2006/2/23
I filled serially down to A15(it is easy to do this in excel 2002-you
click right bottom of A6 and drag it down and click smart tag and click
fill series

now in B6 you type
=$A$1&A6&$A$2
take care of dollar signs
now copy B6 down to B15
will this be useful to you.

may be more elegant solutions are there.
.

"Martin Wheeler" wrote in message
xl2003, winXP

I have a range of 10 URLs. A10-A19 Each day I need to update them to the
current date. The URL looks like:-

URL;http://www.tabonline.com.au/2006/02/23/NR05.html

So tomorrow I will want to be able to push a button and /2006/02/23
becomes /2006/02/24 in all 10.
I need to do this programatically as it will be part of a series of
operations.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ta,
Martin