Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
R..VENKATARAMAN R..VENKATARAMAN is offline

Default Change date in URL

I tried to use today() in spread sheet it comes as serial no. of date in vba
it comes as 2/23/2006

so I formatted a series of cells e.g. A6 to a15 as TEXT
in A6 as 2006/2/23
I filled serially down to A15(it is easy to do this in excel 2002-you click
right bottom of A6 and drag it down and click smart tag and click fill
series

now in B6 you type
=$A$1&A6&$A$2
take care of dollar signs
now copy B6 down to B15
will this be useful to you.

may be more elegant solutions are there.
..

"Martin Wheeler" wrote in message
xl2003, winXP

I have a range of 10 URLs. A10-A19 Each day I need to update them to the
current date. The URL looks like:-

URL;http://www.tabonline.com.au/2006/02/23/NR05.html

So tomorrow I will want to be able to push a button and /2006/02/23
becomes /2006/02/24 in all 10.
I need to do this programatically as it will be part of a series of
operations.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ta,
Martin