Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Squat Squat is offline

Default Why Excel programming???

I use excel programming to quickly create cost spreadsheets in a consistant
format that my sales people can work from.
Using macros, I can pull cost line items from various workbooks and place
the item in the proper place in the spreadsheet along with all the cost and
sale price calculations. Much cheaper than investing in a complete
estimating software package. Plus, all of our company pc's are running
excel.

"Don" wrote in message

Somebody will try to read criticism into my question but none was
intended.

I'm just very interested to know what kind of applications for Excel
programming actually exist in the world outside of these groups. I'm
thinking about doing some of this kind of work and am curious to know
what to expect.

Thank you for helping,

Don