Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] scrawnyguns@gmail.com is offline

Default Worksheet name anomalies

Can someone please expain...
I have a form that, when loaded, initialises a "Worksheet" variable to
point to a certain worksheet...
In the general declarations section:
Dim DELSHEET As Worksheet

In the UserForm_Activate sub:
Set DELSHEET = Worksheets("DEL NOTE")

The "DEL NOTE" worksheet is Sheet4 also.

Throughout different subs in the form I reference the DELSHEET with no
worries. The problem is when I need to reference a textbox on the Del
Note worksheet. In VBA code when I type "DELSHEET" + "." I get the
usual list of properties/methods for the worksheet. However, when I use
the sheet's excel name: "Sheet4" + "." I get the usual list plus the
textboxes and objects that I added in that sheet with the control
toolbox (which is what I want).

How come it works for one and not the other? I thought they would be
the same?

I would prefer to use the DELSHEET variable name rather than Sheet4 as
sheets can get moved around. When I deliberately type:
DELSHEET.TextBox1.Text = "something"
I get a method/data member error... so that doesn't work.

-Scrawny.