Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default Why Excel programming???

I created an Excel workbook to help myself and other users deal with 22
different data points culled from over 14,000 engineering reports. The
macros cycled through the docs and pulled out the data points to populate
the worksheet. Other macros helped sift and sort for various predetermined
criteria, as well as text search the Excel list and all Word report docs.
That's why I learned programming!

Ed

"Don" wrote in message

Somebody will try to read criticism into my question but none was
intended.

I'm just very interested to know what kind of applications for Excel
programming actually exist in the world outside of these groups. I'm
thinking about doing some of this kind of work and am curious to know
what to expect.

Thank you for helping,

Don