Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Why Excel programming???

Everything you can possible imagine.

Database applications where Excel is used as the client, with forms, and
maybe reports. Complex analysis spreadsheet, using advanced formula, pivot
tables, charts, etc. Monte Carlo simulations. I even heard of one app that
was using Excel to monitor the safety systems at a nuclear power plant
(shudder!). So whatever you can think of, I bet there is an Excel app out
there somewhere doing it.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Don" wrote in message

Somebody will try to read criticism into my question but none was
intended.

I'm just very interested to know what kind of applications for Excel
programming actually exist in the world outside of these groups. I'm
thinking about doing some of this kind of work and am curious to know
what to expect.

Thank you for helping,

Don