Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jej1216 jej1216 is offline

Default Data Validation based on range of values

I have cell A which is for Annual Evaluation Score, and the user enters
between 0.0 and 4.0. Then I have cell B for Merit Increase Percentage,
and the user can enter between 0.0 and 5.0.
I need to validate the entry in cell B against the value entered in
cell A --- if cell A is between 0.0 and 1.0, the value in cell B must
be between 0.0 and 1.5, etc.

The Data Validation in the menu isn't the answer from what I can see -
can't validate various ranges for data. I am brand new to VBA -- is
VBA or a Macro the route to go? What type of code am I needing to
create here? I've looked through the help files and an ebook or two,
but I'm not finding the right type of code. Any nudge in the right
direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe