Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] lordfoo@hotmail.com is offline

Default Names not deleted until book closed

After deleting a query, and deleting its name from the name list, I
can't recreate a query with the same name without closing the workbook.
Here is a sample subroutine that illustrates the problem:

Option Explicit

Sub testA()
Dim qt As QueryTable
Dim nameEntry As Name

If Sheets(1).QueryTables.Count = 0 Then
Set qt = Sheets(1).QueryTables.Add _
("URL; http://www.cnn.com", Range("A1"))
qt.Name = "FirstQueryName"
qt.Refresh
Else
Sheets(1).QueryTables(1).Delete
For Each nameEntry In Sheets(1).Names
nameEntry.Delete
Next nameEntry

After executing this subroutine the first time, a query with the name
"FirstQueryName" is created. Upon the second execution, the query is
deleted. Then, after the third execution, the query is recreated, but
now the name is "FirstQueryName_1", even though the name has been
deleted from the name list! What am I missing?

This problem does NOT occur if I close and re-open the workbook between
the second and third invocations of the subroutine.